Pasador! It's the Filipino term for reusable menstrual cloth pads. Ask your mommas, lolas or titas, and they would probably know what it is. Originally, it would be a piece of cloth like katsa that would be clipped to the underwear. The clip used is the originator of the term, since it actually translates to pasador in spanish.
How do you wash them?
- Run pad under cold tap water and keep rinsing away the blood.
- When the water turns clear, use mild laundry detergent to scrub it clean.
- Do not use a brush, simply rub the fabric against itself.
- You may also soak the pads for 30mins to 2 hours
- Rinse all the detergent off with water.
- Roll the pads and squeeze excess water out.
- Sun or air dry on the clothesline.
How do you use them when you’re out of the house?
Use a wetbag or a waterproof pouch. We recommend you use one with two compartments. This way, you can put clean pads in one part, and used pads in the other. We also offer these in our store if you need them.🛍️
Can teenagers use them?
Absolutely! Best time to start when you’re young. A lot of older women are frustrated they didn’t have the chance or place to buy cloth pads when they were younger. A lot may have suffered allergies from disposables and there is always that lingering guilty feeling of throwing away so much trash and spending a lot of money on disposable napkins.
How long can a pasador last?
With proper use and care, they can last 3-5 years.
How often do you change them?
It all really depends on personal preference and flow. We would recommend every 4-6 hours for regular pads and 6-12 hours for overnights (6 hours if you want to use overnight pads for the day time, but they can really last 12 hours for night time use).🌃🛌💤
Where do you source your pasadors?
We are currently partnering with our local community sastres (tailors) in La Carlota, Negros Occidental, to make them for us. Every pasador you buy not only supports our business, but also their livelihood. ♥️
How much do they cost?
Note: Swipe left for mobile users
||Retail Price per Piece||Per set of 7pcs (pantyliners) or set of 5pcs (for pads)|
|8.5" Light Flow Pad||120||575|
|10" Medium Flow Pad (Cotton/AWJ)||145||700|
|12.5" Heavy/Overnight Flow Pad (Cotton/AWJ)||195||950|
What are the benefits of using a pasador?
- They're an eco-conscious option for those who are hoping to go zero–waste🌏
- Women have shared their experiences of reduced menstrual cramps, infections and skin rashes
- It may be quite an investment at first, but its definitely worth it as you save more money in the years to come. Reusable pads can last you 3-5 years!
- They’re perfectly sanitary as long as you wash and care for them properly.
- Leak-proof and easy to clean
- They come in the cutest designs! Periods become much more fun as you get to choose new pads each day.
- They’re pretty empowering! You get to know your body and your cycle like never before ❤